Tuesday, January 27, 2009

#11- Vrakuňa



Čau! In one of my earlier posts I mentioned that I lived in a section of the city called Pondunajska Biskupice. Well after some time it’s come to my attention that I don’t actually live there. I was originally told that I was almost living in another section called Vrakuňa. Through further investigation, it turns out that I actually do live in Vrakuňa. Let’s have another look at the map, shall we?




This new information doesn’t really change anything. Everything is still the same. But apparently some people only think of one thing when they hear that name. There’s a huge building of flats that are referred to as “The Pentagon”. Apparently this isn’t the nicest of places. But oh well, what can you do? Hopefully the next time I tell someone where I live I won’t have to hear that again. So now I guess I’m an honorary Slovak, Bratislavan, and Vrakuňan?



Some other interesting news: Deni’s favorite TV show, “Panelak”, takes place on the street directly behind us. Deni was super excited when she found out. Of course the interior shots are all done in a studio somewhere. But all of the exteriors of the building and of the characters walking outside are shot right outside our window. I’m surprised we haven’t caught them shooting yet.







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello, please send me the adress where the serial Panelak is shoted. I would like to have a foto with this house. Please...
Janča - jaancaa.novakova@seznam.cz

seanieman said...

I believe it's

Geologicka 1